Legal Services for the Commercial Trucking Industry
Wise Carter handles accident investigation and litigation in the commercial trucking industry throughout the state of Mississippi.
Accident Investigation Services
Wise Carter is experienced in trucking investigations involving alleged driver fatigue, log falsification, injuries, cellular phone use or other driver distractions, failure to inspect or maintain equipment, cargo and property damage, hazardous materials, business interruption, violations of the federal motor carrier act and/or other federal or state law, violation of company rules or industry standards, as well as many others.
Wise Carter is able to provide 24 hour on-call, emergency response availability for accidents occurring state-wide.
Our firm can assist you, your claims department, or adjusters with accident investigation, including:
- Retaining and working with accident reconstructionists to locate and download electronic data and video footage.
- Collecting site data such as measurements and photographs.
- Locating and interviewing witnesses, law enforcement, and other persons with potential relevant knowledge.
- Locating, obtaining and preserving reports, photographs, videos, communications, or other relevant documents that may be needed or helpful in litigation.
- 24 hour on-call, emergency response availability for accidents occurring state-wide.
Wise Carter also handles all aspects of commercial trucking litigation, including fact development, discovery, hearings, mediation, and trial. In addition, our firm has experience trying cases in both state and federal courts.
Wise Carter has worked with a number of experienced experts in the trucking industry and understands the importance of expert knowledge as well as litigation experience.
Wise Carter has attorneys who are active members of the trucking litigation section of the Defense Research Institute and the Transportation Lawyers Association where they receive national publications and attend seminars across the country. Consequently, our attorneys are up-to-date on the ever-evolving technology and trial strategies related to the trucking industry.
Contact Wise Carter’s Trucking Group
If your commercial trucking company is interested in accident investigation or litigation services from Wise Carter’s experienced attorneys, please contact D. Jason Childress.