Ms. Gautier is a shareholder in Wise Carter’s Jackson, Mississippi office and is admitted to practice in all Mississippi federal and state courts. She is an experienced attorney in the fields of workers’ compensation, general insurance defense and general business/corporate law.
Ms. Gautier has extensive experience handling commercial transactions. Her representation includes negotiation of large general service agreements, master purchase agreements, nuclear indemnification agreements, confidentiality agreements and rental agreements. She is involved in analyzing risks associated with commercial transactions and interacts daily with supply chain representatives.
As an experienced workers’ compensation defense attorney, Ms. Gautier has handled every aspect of the litigation process from the administrative level through appeals to the Mississippi Court of Appeals/Mississippi Supreme Court.
Ms. Gautier’s representation in litigation matters includes assisting clients in day-to-day issues regarding various employment matters arising in the workers’ compensation context. She provides in-house training for her clients on matters unique to the corporations and insurance companies that she represents.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Gautier worked as a senior claims adjuster for a national insurance company and as a stockbroker for a national brokerage firm. Ms. Gautier’s business and claims adjusting background gives her a unique depth of knowledge and perspective when representing her clients.
Ms. Gautier’s representative clients include insurance carriers, self-insured employers, as well as legal entities engaging in business matters on local and national levels.
- Mississippi State University, 1986, B.B.A.
- University of Mississippi, 1996, J.D., magna cum laude
- Senior Claims Adjuster for National Insurance Company
- All Mississippi State and Federal Courts
- Fellow of the College of Workers' Compensation
- National Workers' Compensation Defense Network
- Defense Research Institute
- Federal Bar Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Mississippi Association of Self-Insureds
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Mississippi Claims Association
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013-2021:
– Workers’ Compensation Law: Employers
Civic and Charitable Interests
- Member of First Baptist Church, Jackson, Mississippi
- Girl Scout Leader
- Junior League of Jackson (Listening Learning Leading Chair; Headquarters Chair; Operations Council)
- Volunteer – Canopy Children's Solutions
Publications and Seminars
- Panel Speaker, 2019 Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Educational Conference
- Speaker, 2015 National Association of Subrogation Professionals’ Annual Conference
- Speaker, The Council on Education in Management
- Panel Speaker, The Annual Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Commission’s Educational Conference Panel
- Speaker, Mississippi Manufacturer’s Association
- Workers’ Compensation Lorman Seminar
- Speaker, Workers’ Compensation for Paralegals Conference
- Author, Hedonic Damages: A Variation in Paths, the Questionable Expert and a Recommendation for Clarity in Mississippi, 65 Miss. L. J. 735 (1996).
- Ada Boyd v. Mississippi Workers' Compensation Self-Insurer Guaranty Association, 919 So. 2d 163 (Miss. Ct. App 2005)