Rex Shannon joined Wise Carter in 2008 and is a shareholder in the firm’s Jackson office. Rex practices in the areas of personal injury defense, medical malpractice defense, general civil litigation, and business contracts, representing clients in industries ranging from agriculture to healthcare. A proud native Mississippian, Rex is an avid Civil War buff and enjoys playing acoustic guitar in his spare time.
- Louisiana State University, 1999, B.S., summa cum laude
- Mississippi State University, 2001, M.B.A.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, 2008, J.D., summa cum laude
- Senior Commercial Credit Analyst, The Bank of Nashville, Nashville, Tennessee, 2003-2005
- Commercial Credit Analyst, AmSouth Bank, Jackson, Mississippi, 2002-2003
- Mississippi State Courts
- Texas State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- The Mississippi Bar
- State Bar of Texas
Publications and Seminars
- Comment, Nightmare on Your Street: Moving Towards Justice for Innocent Victims of Wrong-Premises SWAT Raids, 77 MISS. L.J. 669 (2007).
- Winner, Baker Donelson Outstanding Comment Award
- Note, Securities Fraud–Federal Preemption–SLUSA Preempts State-Law Class Actions Brought by Holders of Covered Securities, 76 MISS. L.J. 323 (2006).
- Winner, Heilman Kennedy Graham Outstanding Case Note Award