Margaret first joined the firm as an associate in 1979 and became a shareholder in 1985. She elected to sell her equity in the Firm and transition to an independent contractor, “of counsel” position effective as of July 1, 2019.
Margaret’s practice has focused on commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and formation or dissolution of joint ventures and limited liability companies for a wide variety of manufacturers, health care providers, public utilities and other governmental and private businesses.
Her work for the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians also focused on commercial projects, such as real estate leases and joint ventures located on Tribal Trust land held by the United States for the benefit of that Tribe.
- Mississippi State University, 1976, B.A., summa cum laude
- University of Mississippi School of Law, 1978, J.D., cum laude
- Mississippi State and Federal Courts
- United States Supreme Court
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Law Institute Member
- ABA Foundation - State and Federal Member
- MS Bar Foundation - Fellow Member
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2020:
- Corporate Governance Law
- Energy Law
- Named in The Best Lawyers in America® 2020: Jackson, MS - Corporate Law "Lawyer of the Year"
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019-2020:
- Government Contracts
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017-2020:
- Corporate Law
- Health Care Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- Named in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014: Jackson, MS - Health Care Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Outstanding Women Lawyer by the Mississippi Women Lawyers Association
Civic and Charitable Interests
- Mississippi Center for Justice
- The American Heart Association
Publications and Seminars
- Speaker, Mississippi Hospital Association Annual Health Law Seminar
- Speaker, State Bar Association Health Law
- Speaker, American Nuclear Society