John Sneed joined the firm as a shareholder in 2007 after having practiced more than twenty years with a large regional law firm in both Mississippi and Louisiana.
John’s practice is centered on litigation, typically involving complex commercial matters; all aspects of professional responsibility, including legal malpractice defense; first amendment and media law; and insurance coverage and bad faith claims. He has also led teams of lawyers and other professionals conducting internal investigations for both corporate and ecclesiastical clients.
John graduated cum laude from Millsaps College in 1980 (B.A.) and received his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Mississippi School of Law in 1983, where he was Articles Editor of the Law Review. Following law school, John clerked two years for United States District Judge William C. Keady in Greenville, Mississippi, before entering private practice.
- Millsaps College, 1980, B.A., cum laude
- University of Mississippi School of Law, 1983, J.D., magna cum laude
- Clerk for U.S. District Judge William C. Keady
- Mississippi State and Federal Courts
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017-2020:
– Appellate Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Litigation: First Amendment
- Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions: Defendants
- Named in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017-2018: Jackson, MS Litigation: First Amendment "Lawyer of the Year"
Publications and Seminars
Co-author, 50-State Survey: Media Privacy and Related Law, Mississippi Chapter, Libel Defense Research Foundation