George has practiced at Wise Carter since he graduated law school in 1986.
Over the years, he has handled various types of litigation including railroad crossing accident and FELA cases, medical malpractice, employment law, “whistle blower” cases, healthcare reimbursement disputes, commercial and contract cases, Medicaid administrative proceedings, and medical staff disputes. He has tried over fifty jury trials as well as numerous administrative and medical staff evidentiary hearings.
Since 2010, he has focused primarily in the representation of hospitals and railroads. He serves as counsel for the Mississippi Hospital Association and numerous hospitals throughout Mississippi. He has handled numerous major Medicaid and reimbursement cases with statewide implications.
He has assisted with drafting significant Mississippi healthcare legislation including the Mississippi medical peer review statutes, amendments to state Medicaid statutes, and legislation establishing the Mississippi Hospital Access Program (MHAP).
In the area of railroad law, he represents Amtrak and Illinois Central Railroad Company d/b/a CN in litigation throughout Mississippi. He speaks regularly at the annual Mississippi Hospital Association Legal Update, the Association of American Railroads, and the National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel.
He currently serves as Chair of the firm’s Board of Directors and on numerous firm administrative committees. In his spare time, he enjoys cycling, music, fly fishing and duck hunting.
- University of Mississippi, 1981, B.B.A., cum laude
- University of Mississippi School of Law, 1986, J.D., cum laude
- Mississippi State and Federal Courts
- United States Supreme Court
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- American Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- National Association of Railroad Trail Counsel
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017-2020:
- Health Care Law
- Litigation: Health Care
- Personal Injury Litigation: Defendants
- Railroad Law
- Named The Best Lawyers in America® 2020: Jackson, MS - Railroad Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Mid-South Super Lawyers 2018
- Ranked in Chambers USA 2018
- Named The Best Lawyers in America® 2017: Jackson, MS - Health Care Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- 2016 Top Rated Lawyer (Health Care Law) – The American Lawyer
- Named The Best Lawyers in America® 2014: Jackson, MS - Railroad Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Crossgates River Oaks Hosp. v. Mississippi Division of Medicaid, 240 So. 3d 385 (Miss. 2018)
- In the Matter of: Kenneth Palmer v. Canadian National Railway/Illinois Central Railroad Co., ARB case no. 16-0035, 2016 WL 5868560 (U.S. Dept. of Labor SAROX) (en banc)
- Mississippi Division of Medicaid v. Alliance Health Center, 174 So. 3d 254 (Miss. 2015)
- Mississippi State and School Employees’ Life and Health Plan v. KCC, Inc., 108 So. 3d 932 (Miss. 2013)
- Brown v. Illinois Cent. RR. Co., 705 F.3d 531 (5th Cir. 2013)
- Canadian National Ry. Co. v. Waltman, 94 So. 3d 1111 (Miss. 2012)
- McCarty v. Canadian National/Illinois Cent. R.R., 2008 WL 872327 (S.D. 2008)
- Baker v. Canadian National/Illinois Cent. R.R., 2008 WL 2747464, (5th Cir. July 16, 2008)
- Allen v. National Railroad Passenger Corp., 934 So. 2d 1006 (Miss. 2006)
- Valencia v. Mississippi Baptist Med. Ctr., Inc., 363 F. Supp. 2d 867 (S.D. Miss. 2005)
- Clark v. Illinois Cent. R.R. Co., 872 So. 2d 773 (Miss. Ct. App. 2004)
- Claypool v. Mladineo, 724 So. 2d 373 (Miss. 2001)
- MidSouth Rail Corp. v. O'Connor, 672 So. 2d 1176 (Miss. 1996)
- Raju v. Rhodes, 7 F.3d 1210 (5th Cir. 1993)
- Caine v. Hardy, 943 F.2d 1406 (5th Cir. 1991) (en banc), cert. denied, 503 U.S. 936 (1992)