Charles is an associate attorney at Wise Carter. He began practicing with the Firm in 2014 following the completion of his clerkship with the Honorable E. Grady Jolly on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Charles’ practice focuses on litigation in the areas of general business, healthcare, insurance, corrections, government, railroad, and civil rights.
Additionally, his practice focuses heavily on a variety of appellate matters in Mississippi appellate courts as well as the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
In his free time, Charles enjoys fishing, golf, hunting, traveling, and playing in poker tournaments. Charles and his wife, Kristin, live in Madison.
- The University of Mississippi, B.A., magna cum laude, 2010
- The University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2013
- Clerk for Hon. E. Grady Jolly, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2013-2014
- Mississippi State and Federal Courts
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Phi Kappa Phi (2011-2014)
- Jackson Young Lawyers
- Federal Bar Association
Publications and Seminars
- Author, Creationism’s Public and Private Fronts: The Protection and Restriction of Religious Freedom, 82 Miss L.J. 223 (2013).
- Author, Constitutional Law-Arrest and Detention Under the Material Witness Statute-Objectively Reasonable Arrest Did Not Violate Fourth Amendment, 81 Miss. L.J. 621, (2011).