Andrew D. Sweat has practiced with Wise Carter for over 30 years focusing on workers’ compensation and insurance defense.
Andy represents and defends employers, carriers, and self-insurers in all aspects of workers’ compensation claims. In addition, Andy helps workers’ compensation self-insurers with a variety of regulatory and compliance issues affecting them.
He has represented the Self-Insurance Guaranty Associations since their inception. He has defended employers and carriers and has served as a defense expert in bad faith actions relating to workers’ compensation claims.
- University of Mississippi 1974, B.A.
- University of Mississippi 1977, M.S.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, 1984, J.D.
- Mississippi State and Federal Courts
- American Bar Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017-2020:
- Workers’ Compensation Law: Employers
- Named in The Best Lawyers in America® 2020: Jackson, MS - Workers' Compensation Law - Employers "Lawyer of the Year"
- Baker v. IGA Super Valu Food Store, 990 So. 2d 254 (Miss. Ct. App. 2008)
- Hardaway Co. v. Bradley, 887 So. 2d 793 (Miss. 2004)
- McMillian v. Delphi Packard Electric Systems, 921 So. 2d 345 (Miss. Ct. App. 2004)
- Entergy Mississippi, Inc. v. Robinson, 777 So. 2d 53 (Miss. Ct. App. 2000)
- McCray v. Key Constructors, Inc., 803 So. 2d 1199 (Miss. Ct. App. 2000)
- Sawyer v. Illinois Central Gulf Rail Company, 606 So. 2d 1069 (Miss. 1992)