Wise Carter sponsored Mississippi Economic Council’s 65th Annual meeting, which was held on April 10, 2014 at the Jackson Convention Complex in Jackson, Mississippi. The meeting included a keynote message from award-winning author and entrepreneur Peter Sims and entertainment by Mississippi-born country music artist Steve Azar.
The annual meeting also included a “Mississippi Economy Panel,” which featured a group of entrepreneurs from across the state who addressed the impact of the creative economy on Mississippi’s economy.
- Brent Christensen, Executive Director, Mississippi Development Authority
- Malcolm White, Tourism Division Director, Mississippi Development Authority
- Mark Henderson, Owner, Lazy Magnolia Brewery
- Amy Head, Owner, Amy Head Cosmetics
- Brad McMullan, President & CEO, bfac, LLC
Special appearances were made by Governor Phil Bryant, MEC 2014-2015 Chair Alveno Castilla and Miss Mississippi Chelsea Rick. The meeting also included a special performance from the Nissan Canton Gospel Band and a tribute to Mississippi’s STAR students and teachers.