Wise Carter sponsored Mississippi Economic Council‘s (“MEC”) Capital Day, which was held on January 8, 2014 at the Jackson Marriott and the Mississippi State Capitol.
The annual event connected business and community leaders from across the state with their legislators. MEC members and other leaders were afforded the opportunity to hear what is slated for the upcoming legislative sessions and obtain a detailed look at MEC’s legislative agenda for 2014.
- Haley Fisackerly, President & CEO, Entergy Mississippi & MEC Chair
- Dan Rollins, CEO, BancorpSouth & Chair, Blueprint Mississippi Pathway to Progress Tour Campaign
- Irwin F. Edenzon, President, Ingalls Shipbuilding and Corporate VP of Huntington Ingalls Industries
- Dr. Carey Wright, State Superintendent of Education
- The Honorable Phil Bryant, Governor
- The Honorable Delbert Hosemann, Secretary of State
- The Honorable Lynn Fitch, State Treasurer
- The Honorable Stacey Pickering, State Auditor
- The Honorable Philip Gunn, Speaker of the House of Representatives
- The Honorable Terry Brown, President Pro-Tem of the Senate
- The Honorable Greg Snowden, Speaker Pro-Tem of the House of Representatives
- The Honorable Terry C. Burton, Chair Senate Energy Committee
- The Honorable Angela Cockerham, Chair House Energy Committee
- The Honorable Tate Reeves, Lt. Governor